"A huge lie repeated often enough is accepted as truth." — Joseph Goebbels, Nazi Propaganda Minister
"Unanswered media bias and misinformation repeated often enough is accepted as truth." — PRIMER
Resources for Activists
- PRIMER's Ten Points of Media Bias
- PRIMER's Letter to the Editor Guidelines
- Inconvenient Truths
A list of some of the many inconvenient truths about the Arab-Israeli conflict and pervasive Palestinian Arab hatred and intransigence the anti-Zionists don't want you to know.
- The Arab-Israeli Conflict (Terminology Guide)
Avoiding Damaging Words in the Battle of Narratives
Guide for Making Intelligent Choices
By Michael Perloff
Using accurate terms is a key weapon in countering the propaganda and lies being used against Israel. The goal of this guide is to reduce the use of counterproductive terminology that distorts and obscures the issues in this battle of narratives.
- BIG LIES: Demolishing The Myths of the Propaganda War Against Israel — This pamphlet by David Meir-Levi covers three main topics:
This pamphlet is available on the web as a PDF file. It is informative and easy to read. Bulk orders of 25 or more are $2 each.
- The Refugee Question
- The Eight Stages of the Creation of the Problem
- The Question of Occupation and the Settlements
- AIPAC — The American-Israel Public Affairs Committee is the only registered lobby that works with Congress and the administration to strengthen the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC’s Political Leadership Development Program educates and trains college students to answer the tough questions about Israel and her neighbors, the peace process, and the U.S.-Israel relationship. AIPAC also encourages students to become politically involved.
- ADL — The mission of ADL today is, as it has been in the past, to expose and combat the purveyors of hatred in our midst, responding to whatever new challenges may arise. Click on %quot;Israel" and/or "What can you do to support Israel" to get to Common Misstatements about Israel; provides sample misstatements and possible responses. ADL has produced an Israel Advocacy Guide which is available both in print form and on its web site.
- AJC — The mission of the American Jewish Committee is: (1) to safeguard the welfare and security of Jews in the United States, in Israel and throughout the world; (2) To strengthen the basic principles of pluralism around the world, as the best defense against anti-Semitism and other forms of bigotry; (3) To enhance the quality of American Jewish life by helping to ensure Jewish continuity and deepen ties between American and Israeli Jews.
- Americans for a Safe Israel — Americans for a Safe Israel believe in a strong and safe Israel retaining possession of Judea, Samaria, Gaza and the Golan. The website provides announcements of upcoming events, press releases, publications, and articles.
- ArabicNews.com — This site translates Middle Eastern news into English to show how current events are reported throughout the region.
- arguments 4 israel — Arguments for Israel in the Palestinian-Israeli conflict. Provides in depth analyses of key issues.
- Beyond Images — Beyond Images is a London-based website which provides facts and resources to help people to argue Israel's case in an informed and coherent way, and to explain the context for Israel's actions.
- CAMERA — The Committee for Accuracy in Middle East Reporting works against media bias on a national basis.
- Campus Watch — CAMPUS WATCH, a project of the Middle East Forum, monitors and critiques Middle East studies in North America, with an aim to improving them.
- CoHaV — The Coalition of Hasbara Volunteers is an umbrella organization of over 100 various advocacy groups around the world.
- Daily Alert — The Daily Alert is prepared by the Jerusalem Center for Public Affairs for the Conference of Presidents of Major Jewish Organizations. It contains synopses and extracts from articles about the most important issues relating to the Arab-Israeli conflict. It's available both on the web and by email. Everyone should subscribe to it.
- FLAME: Facts & Logic About the Middle East — FLAME publishes the truth about Israel and the Middle East conflict in advertisements and letters to editors nationwide.
- GLORIA Center — (GLORIA) is a research center located at the Interdisciplinary Center,Herzliya (IDC). Focuses on the modern Middle East and its relations with other regions. Barry Rubin, director of the Global Research in International Affairs (GLORIA) Center, editor of the Middle East Review of International Affairs (MERIA) Journal, and a featured columnist for PajamasMedia, offers insightful analysis.
- Good News From Israel — Provides news of Israel's achievements and heartwarming stories from the Jewish state.
- Hillel — The largest Jewish campus organization in the world, Hillel is committed to a pIuralistic vision of Judaism that embraces all movements. Click on "Israel Solidarity" to access additional background materials, speakers and partner agencies. Hillel’s web site contains an online hotline, Ask an Expert, to help students with Israel related issues that arise on campus.
- HonestReporting — HonestReporting was founded to scrutinize the media for examples of anti-Israel bias, and then mobilize subscribers to complain directly to the news agency concerned.
- Consulate General of Israeli in New York — The Israeli Consulate General provides a variety of resources. It includes a Media Relations and Public Affairs department, which operates a Speakers Bureau providing speakers, at no fee, to area groups.
- IRIS — Information Regarding Israel's Security (IRIS) is an unaffiliated grass-roots organization dedicated to helping the public better understand Israel's legitimate security needs, especially vis-a-vis the so-called peace process.
- Intelligence and Terrorism Information Center at the Center for Special Studies — Reports include information on the Palestinian Authority and other Palestinian Arab terrorist organizations and their activities, terrorism sponsoring countries (especially Syria and Iran), Hezbollah and the involvement of women and children in Palestinian Arab terrorism.
- Israel On Campus Coalition — The Israel on Campus Coalition (ICC) is a partnership of the Charles and Lynn Schusterman Family Foundation and Hillel: The Foundation for Jewish Campus Life, in cooperation with a network of national organizations committed to promoting Israel education and advocacy on campus. The nearly thirty organizations currently participating in the ICC are dedicated to working collaboratively to assist students in fostering support for Israel on the college campus.
- The Israel Project — The Israel Project (TIP) is a one-stop source for detailed and accurate information about Israel and the Middle East.
- Israel 21c — ISRAEL21c offers topical and timely reports on how Israelis from all walks of life and religion, innovate, improve and add value to the world.
- JCPA — The interdisciplinary Jerusalem Center relies on a team of experts in diplomacy, military strategy, and international law to undertake missions appropriate for non-governmental organizations. It also prepares The Daily Alert for the Council of Presidents.
- JCPA — The Jewish Council for Public Affairs serves as the representative voice of the organized American Jewish community in addressing the principal mandate of the Jewish community relations field.
- Jewish Virtual Library — The Jewish Virtual Library is the most comprehensive online Jewish encyclopedia in the world. More than 8,000 articles and 3,000 photographs and maps are integrated into the site.
- Jewish World - Middle East — AISH has a wealth of useful information. Particularly valuable is its Four Points - Arguments for Israel, providing four bullet points of information on each of ten topics, created by Hasbarah Fellowships.
- JINSA — The Jewish Institute for National Security Affairs, an organization which specializes in the security aspects of the American-Israeli friendship.
- JTA Daily Briefing — Global news service of the Jewish people,offers investigative reporting, in-depth analysis, opinion and features on current events and issues of interest to the Jewish world.
- MERCAZ — The Israel advocacy arm of the Conservative movement in the United States.
- Myths & Facts: A Guide to the Arab-Israeli Conflict — Online version by Mitchell Bard. Part of the Jewish Virtual Library of the American-Israeli Cooperative Enterprise.
- Myths and Facts — By Eli E. Hertz. A similar but separate endeavor.
- Palestinian Media Watch — PMW was established in 1996 to gain an understanding of Palestinian society through the monitoring of the Palestinian Arabic language media and schoolbooks. PMW analyzes Palestinian Authority [PA] culture and society from numerous perspectives, including studies on summer camps, poetry, schoolbooks, religious ideology, crossword puzzles, and many more. PMW has been playing the critical role of documenting the contradictions between the image the Palestinians present to the world in English and the messages to their own people in Arabic.
- Scholars for Peace in the Middle East — Scholars for Peace in the Middle East (SPME) is a grass-roots community of scholars who have united to promote honest, fact-based, and civil discourse, especially in regard to Middle East issues.
- StandWithUs — Dedicated to informing the public about Israel and to combating extremism and anti-Semitism Offers print materials, speakers, programs, conferences, missions to Israel, campaigns, focus on social media and internet resources.
- UN Watch — UN Watch is a non-governmental organization based in Geneva whose mandate is to monitor the performance of the United Nations by the yardstick of its own Charter. UN Watch notes that the disproportionate attention and unfair treatment applied by the UN toward Israel over the years offers an object lesson (though not the only one) in how due process, equal treatment, and other fundamental principles of the UN Charter are often ignored or selectively upheld.
- The Unabashed Zionist — During the 2014 Gaza War, Andrew Pessin posted an inconvenient truth about the Hamas terror group on Facebook. Long after the war was over, some students at Connecticut College decided to pretend the truths he wrote were insulting, and began a campaign to hound him. (That is one of the ways the Israel-haters try to intimidate people from publicly supporting Israel.) Rather than shriveling, Pessin began an excellent and humorous blog.
- The World Factbook — Maintained by the CIA, the Factbook includes maps, a brief history of Israel and current facts and statistics concerning Israel’s topography, as well as population, demographic, and political information.
- The World Union of Jewish Students — The World Union of Jewish Students website provides helpful materials for Israel advocacy, including a comprehensive hasbara handbook for promoting Israel on campus.
- ZOA — The Zionist Organization of America is the oldest, and one of the largest, pro-Israel organizations in the United States.
For more information about PRIMER-Connecticut, send email to
PRIMER-Connecticut P.O. Box 0591, West Hartford, CT 06137-0591