Let us at the very least get the correct information?Interesting how the media is slowly introducing us to the "humanitarian" side of Hezbollah. No I am not exaggerating, I have watched several reports in the last 4 days, here in Europe and the Middle East, that appear to be making the case for Hezbollah. They all begin with the same type of introduction, Hezbollah ,masked men brandishing firearms, shooting into the air and soon they transition into the "human side" of the organization Hezbollah.
What do we know today?
- The literal meaning of Hezbollah is Party of God.
- It is also a Lebanese Islamist political party.
- Hezbollah began as a military resistance movement or as many call it a terrorist organization. It was founded in 1982 for the sole purpose of fighting Israel who occupied southern Lebanon until the year 2000. Hezbollah did not disband-it expanded.
- The organization views an Islamic republic on the Iranian model, as the ideal and eventual form of Lebanon. Hezbollah supports the destruction of the state of Israel and cooperates with other militant Islamic organizations such as Hamas in order to promote this goal.
- Hezbollah follows the distinct Shia Islamic ideology developed by Ayatollah Khomeini, leader of the Islamic Revolution in Iran.
- Hezbollah is also the main political party and military organization representing the Shia community, Lebanon's largest religious bloc. The civilian wing participates in the Parliament of Lebanon taking 18% of the seats (23 out of 128).
- After last year's elections, Hezbollah held 23 seats (up from eight previously) in the 128-member Lebanese Parliament. It also participated for the first time in the Lebanese government that was formed in July 2005.
- Hezbollah has two ministers in the government, and a third is Hezbollah-endorsed.
Hezbollah has evolved from its first days and it has been very clever as it has mutated and now has not only a political wing, it has the all important social component necessary for a terrorist group to survive in today's world. They know that it takes more than a militia or even a military to win today. One must win the hearts,the minds and the very souls of the people you purport to defend. One must be able to recruit new members-everyone who belongs to some organization understands this fundamental need. It is equally imperative that you create a structure that invites, supports and nurtures members of all ages-this sustains a social group's stability and ability to grow. Finally, this entire structure must be grounded in a fundamental belief structure and this structure must be reinforced daily. So how did all of the preceding occur? Simple, with the help of outside financiers, Iran, the social structure has been put into place.
We know this:
- Hezbollah boasts a large social development program.
- The civilian wing also runs hospitals, news services, and educational facilities.
- Its Reconstruction Campaign (Jihad al-Bina) is responsible for numerous economic and infrastructure development projects in Lebanon.
- The group currently operates at least four hospitals, 12 clinics, 12 schools and two agricultural centers that provide farmers with technical assistance and training.
- It also has an environmental department and an extensive social assistance programme.
- Medical care is also cheaper than in most of the country's private hospitals and free for Hezbollah members.(1)
This we know:
- Hezbollah began and still operates a satellite television station from Lebanon, Al-Manar TV ("the Lighthouse")
- It also operates as well a radio station, al-Nour ("the light").
- Qubth Ut Alla ("The Fist of God") is the monthly magazine of Hezbollah's paramilitary wing.
- Al Manar broadcasts news in Arabic, English, French and Hebrew and is widely watched both in Lebanon and in other Arab countries.
Finally, what do we think:
- Hezbollah began as a terrorist organization and it learned to morph into more socially accepted components
- It learned that the western world would be drawn (and fooled) into accepting these components
- Hezbollah does not create anything, it is not a country, it is at best a social group bent upon the destruction of anything Western and not Shia
- It has no means of raising funds, it does not create, build or even manage well-it has a primary benefactor-Iran. Iran uses Hezbollah to its business and the world turns a blind eye to this.
- It is rapidly acquiring victim behaviors similar to those used by the people living in Gaza and Judea and Sameria-and we are falling for these arguments as well.
- They hide behind children and women, they store bombs, rockets and munitions under baby cribs
- They place ball bearings in the nose of their rockets to create death and destruction to any civilian within 75 meters of a rocket strike-they kill their fellow Arabs and excuse this as allowing them to become shahids. Wonder if they were asked to become such creatures?
- They fire these dastardly rockets directly into civilian targets-it is their strategy-and the world turns a blind eye. However, the victim behavior by Hezbollah is cried long and loud when an Israeli bomb mistakenly kills civilians-civilians the Hezbollah use as shields and the world now becomes deaf as well as blind.
- They have acquired dirty bombs and intend to use them upon us-guess who is next?
- Hezbollah is clearly an agent of Iran. Hezbollah has as its goal the eradication of Israel-the same as Iran.
- The media demands and receives transparency with the IDF-I have noticed that the complete opposite is true of Hezbollah-they do not allow the media in to their battle preparations-the media continues to poke itself in its eye
- According to Jan England, the U.N. Under-Secretary General for Humanitarian Affairs, "the Hezbollah is involving the Lebanese people by its cowardice and that is the reason why it is responsible for hundreds of civilian deaths"